For 2020-21, we are offering a Talking Stick Family Membership that would give our families access to our socially distanced programming and allow Talking Stick to weather this storm. The membership fee per family will be a sliding scale of $200-500 for the year. It is important to us that all the families in our community can participate in our programming, especially in these hard financial times. We don’t want to turn anyone away. If you need financial assistance please reach out to Meryl at email@example.com .
WEEKLY, FACILITATED ONLINE MEETUPS for all our young people every Thursday.
4 to 7 year olds led by Katie
8 to 10 year olds led by Meryl
10 to 12 year olds led by Pauline and Anna
Teens led by Linnea and Amy.
These will be different based on age and the desires of the young people involved, but will function similarly to our morning meetings as a place for everyone to check-in, see each other and hear about each other's lives. This is also a place for our young people to propose class or activity ideas to our staff. They will evolve based on what we hear from the young people. They could involve a storytime, or show and tell, or a scavenger hunt.
**These meetups do not incur any additional fees.
True to Talking Stick’s style and philosophy classes will evolve based on input and interest from our young people and families. We will be sending out regular updates giving the specifics of all our classes and activities.
MATH CIRCLE - Rodi Steinig will be offering her popular Math Circle again throughout the year. Talking Stick Members will receive the first spots in her classes and will receive a discount.
ACCESS TO WORKSHOPS, CLASSES, & GAMES facilitated online by our staff. These classes will evolve based on input from the participants and as new interests arise throughout the year. Your Talking Stick Membership gives you either first access or a discount on these classes. Classes are run independently by the facilitators who will set up sliding scale fees or other forms of compensation. Facilitators are not being compensated through Talking Stick.
ACCESS TO HOMESCHOOLING AND PARENT SUPPORT- including discounted homeschool evaluations, yoga classes for parents, online workshops for parents around a theme, and homeschooling advice and support from our staff.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP HELPS TALKING STICK SURVIVE
Talking Stick has always functioned with a minimal budget. An important part of our mission is to keep our programming affordable. There continue to be costs that we incur even though we are not able to have our traditional in-person programming.
The family membership fee would go towards these overhead fees:
- Fees incurred through our non-profit association with Mt. Airy Community Services Corporation (MACSC) - a 501 (c) 3 organization whose mission is to serve as a stable financial umbrella for nonprofit groups serving the Northwest section of the city of Philadelphia . These include our insurance, maintaining our non-profit status, tax prep and other administrative fees.
- We also pay to maintain and update our website, for quickbooks and our minimal admin costs.
Besides the financial health of the organization, there are several other reasons why we are offering these forms of safe programming during the pandemic.
- Our Mission. We want to continue to foster the joy of learning and to enrich our community in the absence of our traditional programming.
- Our Future. The world is different now, and we need to evolve with it. We are looking forward to the day when we can go back to something resembling traditional programming. We want to maintain our community through the changes we are all going through.
- We miss you. Our staff and our families miss our community.
We have set a goal of $10,000, to be brought in through memberships and donations from our community. We can do this! We are grateful for your continued participation & community support! SIGN ME UP!